I am a licensed marriage and family therapist in the state of Washington. I provide services for individuals, couples, and families with adult children.
Deborah received a M.S. degree in Marriage and Family Therapy from Seattle Pacific University in 2001, and a B.S. in Psychology from the University of Washington in 1999.
- Depression and Anxiety
- Conflict Resolution and Communication
- Relationship Problems
- Relationship Enrichment
- Life Transitions (e.g. becoming parents, launching children, empty nest, cartaking parents, retirement, relocating)
It is important to me that you feel understood and have a clear idea of what you want in therapy. I will work with you to help you determine your goals so that you know when therapy has been successful.
I have been trained in a variety of ways to approach life’s challenges. It is my job to find an approach or approaches that fit with you. This is something we will work on together as you provide me with feedback as to what is and isn’t helpful to you. In this way therapy is individually tailored to meet your needs
Typically I'll be asking you to relate your thoughts and feelings with a focus on your important relationships. In addition to work we do in sessions there may be assignments/exercises for you to practice between sessions to facilitate your progress. Again, we will discuss what works best for you so that you get the most out of our work together.
Education and Specialized Training
- B.S. Psychology from the University of Washington in 1999
- M.S. Marriage and Family Therapy from Seattle Pacific University in 2001
- Prepare/Enrich Facilitator
- Couples Counseling: Emotion focused, Cognitive Behavioral
- Healthy Sexuality
- WA State Approved Supervisor
- AAMFT Approved Supervisor
Since 2002, I have also been providing professional consultation to providers wanting to develop their skills in working with couples. I provide clinical supervision for clinicians working towards licensure and I have enjoyed teaching at Seattle Pacific University in the School of Psychology, Community and Family as an adjunct professor
Professional Membership and Certifications
- Clinical Fellow and Approved Supervisor of the American Association of Marriage and Family Therapy (www.aamft.org ) and Washington Association of Marriage and Family Therapy (wamft.org)
- Washington State approved supervisor
- Founding member of Family Systems Therapists Northwest (fstnw.org)
- Professional member of the American Association of Sexuality Educators, Counselors & Therapists (aasect.org).